In the last July, the Resort 2022 collections of many brands were released, let’s start from here to deal more generally with the topic of fashion trends, with attention to knitwear, referring not only to these latest fashion shows but also to the previous Spring-summer 2022 collections and to the Fall-Winter 21-22.
In the selection of photos that we find below, some items are collected that reflect a bit the trends of the last period, as regards knitwear. There are many knit total looks and a lot of layering and garments that mix orthogonal fabric and knitwear.
Among the most beautiful combinations, the combination of pleats or plissé in fabric and ribbed knit garments in all its possible variations. The most frequent example is pleated skirt and round neck or long-sleeved turtle neck sweater with a wide rib to recall the plissé. There are also many entirely ribbed dresses and suits, or long pants and shorts by Erdem FW 2021.
As always, the use of knitwear in the Sacai Fall-Winter 21-22 collection is interesting, the knitted parts in the garments blend perfectly with those in fabric, giving life to sophisticated and at the same time urban, underground looks. The idea of the fashion show with the models parading around the helicopter on a street in the middle of the night is beautiful.
Also in the Sacai Resort 2022 collection released in July 2021 there are interesting garments and ideas. The idea of leaving the underarm seam open in jackets, dresses and vests is also reflected in knitwear. We then see an outfit in which the check printed in the fabric of the skirt is carried over into the oversized sweater, constructed as a patchwork of several knitted sheets of different colors and finenesses, up to a pair of knitted dresses. The first is jacquard and openwork with fair isle motifs, while the second is in simple jersey knit in pink with inlay inserts and pockets in red.
Checks are present in the Sportmax Resort 2022 and Private Policy collections. In the first there are small pictures on fairly simple and classic garments, a sheath dress with elbow-length sleeves, a polo shirt and leggings and a half turtleneck with the lower half ribbed.
Another interpretation of check patterns comes from the Resort Private Policy collection. Here we see a three piece outfit made by cardigan, top and skirt, all three ribbed with larger inlaid squares, slanted diagonally this time. We also find the red-pink combination here both in the outfit with the diagonal checks and in other outfits, for example in the knitted garments with animalier jacquard, dress and top.
Links FW ‘21 collections
- Sacai: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/sacai/slideshow/collection#7
- MM6 Maison Margiela: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/mm6-maison-martin-margiela/slideshow/collection#21
- Erdem: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/erdem
- Gabriela Heirst: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/gabriela-hearst
- Proenza Schouler: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/proenza-schouler/slideshow/collection#10
- Phillip Lim: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/3-1-phillip-lim
- Acne: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/acne-studios
- Alaia: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/azzedine-alaia
- Adeam: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/adeam
- Brunello Cucinelli: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/brunello-cucinelli
- Altuzzarra: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/altuzarra
- Miu Miu: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/miu-miu
- Stella McCartney: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/stella-mccartney
- Isabel Marant: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2021-ready-to-wear/isabel-marant
- Alaia: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2022-ready-to-wear/azzedine-alaia
- Paco Rabanne: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2022-ready-to-wear/paco-rabanne/slideshow/collection#4
- Y project: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2022-ready-to-wear/y-project
- The Row: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2022-ready-to-wear/row
- A.L.C.: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/a-l-c
- Phillip Lim: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/3-1-phillip-lim
- Gabriela Heirst: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/gabriela-hearst
- Erdem: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/erdem
- Etro: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/etro
- Sea: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/sea
- Jil Sander: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/jil-sander
- PH5: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/ph5/slideshow/collection#7
- Chloe: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/chloe/slideshow/collection
- Carolina Herrera: https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/resort-2022/carolina-herrera